Monday 11 February 2008

The Liverpool Docker

It's ten years since the end of the longest strike in British labour movement
history-The Liverpool docks strike . The Liverpool dockers and the Women of the Waterfront performed heroics to win their strike but got sold out by their
own union the Transport and General workers Union.


I'm a docker under a Mersey sky
My heart longs for
a time free from worry ; I blow
on my freezing picket lines hands

Fuckin' bosses!!

I'm obsessed with Unity and Solidarity
They see the world in
dog eat dog bottom line terms
but i never will

How much longer must
this pain go on ?
Bloody forever if needs be-
know whaur a fuckin' mean like !!

Peter Burton
February 2008

No comments:

  Written during the pandemic    ·  Shared with Your friends Drowning It works it's way into your brain and your bones No descent in a b...